Lawn Care Technician - Norfolk
We are currently looking for an experienced professional to join our lawn care team. Do you have experience in lawn care or the turf industry and have the skills to offer fantastic customer service? We could have a great opportunity for you.
Will’s Norfolk Lawns is an established privately owned business based in Taverham, Norfolk. As a Lawn Care Technician, you will be responsible for servicing customers lawns on your dedicated route as you apply fertiliser, treat weeds, and perform other professional applications while maintaining exceptional customer service. You will also be responsible for accurately measuring lawns, providing quotes and / or lawn analysis, and making field sales. Alongside lawns, you will also be responsible for maintaining sports turf surfaces such as bowling greens and cricket squares.
As a Lawn Care Technician you will have excellent team working and organisational skills, and the ability to provide excellent customer service using your comprehensive knowledge of the turf care industry.
- Undertake a range of lawn care operations including; scarification, aeration and over seeding.
- Apply fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides to lawns according to agreed schedule.
- Undertake analysis to establish the initial condition of the lawn and make suitable treatment recommendations to restore the lawn to a healthy condition.
- Undertake all aspects of administration in relation to the provision of the lawn care service.
- Use and update the company software database.
- Undertake customer rounds and all associated logistics.
- Respond to all customer requests via telephone and/or in-person service calls.
- The selling and up selling of services.
- Keep accurate records of all of all treatments applied and actions taken.
- Maintain Will’s Norfolk Lawns equipment.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of Will’s Norfolk Lawns storage facilities.
- Undertake a daily inspection of the van and trailers to ensure that they are safe, clean and fully compliant with road traffic regulations.
- Be aware of, and responsive to, the changing nature of the Lawn care industry and adopt a flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Proven experience within the turf care industry.
- PA 1: Application of Pesticides including legislation, label interpretation, personal safety, storage, mixing and handling, first aid, dealing with contamination, environmental issues and record keeping.
- PA 6: Application of Pesticides using Handheld Applicator including the application from knapsack.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We are a small, family-run company that will give you the opportunity to learn a wide variety of skills in all areas within our business.
- Company Pension
- Sociable work hours. No bank holidays or regular weekends.
- Team building days
- Flexible annual leave.
- Generous holiday with no Christmas period working.
- Sociable hours with no Bank Holiday or regular weekend working.
- Company van provided (after suitable training/induction period). No commuting costs.
- Uniform and work devices provided.
- Paid training and industry event/networking opportunities.
- A genuine opportunity to help shape our business as we grow. We listen and encourage new ideas and approaches.
Join the team
Thanks to our reputation, Will’s Norfolk Lawns are a growing company. We could be on the lookout for the next Lawn Technician to join our team at any time.
To register your interest in being a future Will’s Norfolk Lawns employee please email your CV marked for the attention of Will Dunger to email@example.com.