Regular mowing is vitally important for the health of any well maintained lawn. Here are our top tips for a thicker, denser lawn using correct mowing methods.
- Mow frequently - once or twice per week during the growing season (late February - November).
- Never cut more than 1/3rd of the length of your grass at any one time.
- Service your mower regularly - a sharp blade is essential for a healthy lawn.
- Regularly change direction of your cut.
- Avoid mowing the lawn too short. Scalping your lawn can increase stress whilst promoting the development of moss and weeds.
For further advice on mowing such as the best mower type for your lawn (Rotary or Cylinder) or height of cut please feel free to get in touch with Will’s Norfolk Lawns.